The importance of positive self-affirmations.
Life indeed has its ups and downs. We stumble into many dark passages as much as we succeed. That’s where positive self-affirmation comes in. It always reminds us how we can do better rather than focusing on our past mistakes. It gives us hope and encourages us to focus on shaping our future the way we always want to. And finally, it increases our self-esteem and gets rid of some insecurity feelings that tend to get in our ways.
What is self-affirmation? And why is positive self-affirmation crucial in your life?
Well, self-affirmation is a recognition of the existence and value of one’s self. Positive self-affirmations are statements or mantras that you can say to yourself and get rid of negative thoughts or feelings. It’s a powerful way to create your self-worth and level up your self-esteem when you repeat the phrases often and believe in them.
Do positive affirmations really work?
Of course, self-affirmations may sound unrealistic or like dreams because they don’t work like a magic wand. However, if you keep saying those words to yourself and believe in them, they will turn out to be authentic and effective in your life. Just like how we do exercises for our bodies, self-affirms are also like exercises for our minds and physical well-being. The mind won’t believe them as soon as you started using those phrases.
But, repeating them day after day is the same as programming them into your subconscious mind, and your mind will start believing them. Also, many studies have failed to discover the underlying mechanisms of how self-affirmation challenges stress and increases our confidence. However, it has been scientifically proven that repeating positive affirmations every day for 5-10 minutes, can help eliminate negatives thoughts in one’s mind. And replace them with positive ones. It increases self-confidence, challenges the sense of insecurity, and reduces the fear of rejection or failure.
How to practice positive affirmations?
The best way to practice positive self-affirmations is by avoiding thinking about the negative things that have happened to you or that you’re facing now. Instead, focus on the positive thoughts, for instance, who you want to be in your life? What do you want to achieve? Practicing positive self-affirmation is simple and makes you believe in your abilities. It works as long as you believe in your word and that you’re willing to make a long-lasting change in your life. All you have to do is to pick the phrases and repeat them to yourself over and over again.
Always start your statements with “I or I am” to address it to yourself. And finish it with a positive word, such as “beautiful, successful, or worthy.“
Choose your phrases carefully and write them down on the stick note or your journal for your reference. Repeat the phrases to yourself for about 3-5 minutes for beginners and 5-10 minutes for those who have done this before. Make this your habit and believe in your words.
How to use affirmations?
You can use Affirmations in many ways and any place you feel comfortable doing so. Some people do self-affirm by saying the phrases out loud in front of the mirror. Others choose to write the phrases down, and then they repeat them. Some also prefer to memorize them in their heads. Either way, there are no rules on how you want to do your self-affirmations, do it in the way that fits you.
While, as I mentioned above, you can choose your own unique and inspiring phrases to say every day as long as you believe them. But I have listed 40 helpful and inspiring affirmations below to get you started.
Self- Empowerment Affirmations
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I am fearless today.
- I am strong enough to fight.
- I see challenges as opportunities in my life.
- I’m dependable and resourceful.
- I believe in my skills and abilities.
- I’m always willing to try new things.
- I can do this.
- I am stronger than my problems.
- I am smart, capable, brillaint, and I can do everything I need to get through.
- I am not afraid to be wrong.
- I believe in my dreams.
- I am capable of reaching my goals.
- I feel proud of myself for who I am.
- I am enough, and I feel better about myself.
- I am grateful for my life and everything I have.
- I am living to my potential.
- I choose to say no to others and say yes to myself.
- I have the power to change my story.
- I believe and trust that everything will be ok.
- I believe in me.
- I am doing my best.
- I have courage and confidence.
- I stand up for myself and push my points toward my success.
- Everything I need is within me.
- I control my thoughts and today, my thoughts will be happy and positive.
- I will achieves all my goals and my dreams will come true.
- I am in control of the peron I want to be.
- I good enough, strong enough, and smart enough to achieve this.
- I live my life for me not for what others think.
- I love myself with all my flaws.
- I choose happiness in my life.
- I am beautiful.
- My body deserves to be loved.
- I love the person that I am and the person I am becoming.
- I am kind to others and myself.
- I am always grateful for the life I have.
- I refuse to let my mind bully my body.
- I look after myself.
- I am free of worries, and I am at peace.
- I am perfect, just as I am.
- I allow myself to love who I am, not who peope think I should be.
- I choose to be different.
- I deserve a happy and healthy relationship.
- I am learning to love myself more every day.
- I choose to let go of my past mistakes
- I am not perfect, but good enough
- I am worthy of love.
- I choose myself.
- I choose peace in my life
- I am surrounded by love.
- My love is unlimited.
- I love the woman/man I see in the mirror.
- I deserve to be loved.
- My heart is open.
- I see good in others.
- I am in control of my happiness.
- My body is perfect the way it looks.
- The past is over, and I trust that good things will happen to me.
- I am in control of my life and I choose to let go of negatives thoughts.
Note: When choosing your positive affirmation phrases, try to recall some good memories from your past. Then use those memories to create your affirmation phrases. And most importantly, make sure you’re ready for positive changes in your life. This means you must believe in your words and be ready to take action.
Because you can’t just say “I’m a good fit for this position.” While you’re doing nothing to prove how good you’re.
Thank you for reading this.